This easy recipe, among many other great recipes can be found in Neil Perry – Fresh and Fast, or by clicking here, or just simply scroll down this page 🙂 The original recipe used Parmigiano Reggiano, but it tastes just as good without the parmesan.
You will need a mortar and pestle for this pesto recipe.
2 garlic cloves, peeled
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 tbs toasted pine nuts
1/2 bunch fresh, green basil leaves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tbs parmesan (optional)
1. In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and the salt until a paste forms.
2. Add the pine nuts and basil and pound until nuts are ground and basil is broken up and well pounded.
3. Add a little of the extra virgin olive oil and pound well to combine.
4. Gradually add remaining olive oil, mixing well after each addition.
5. When all the oil has been added stir in parmesan. (optional)
6. Check seasoning and adjust as necessary.